Easy Recipe for Cinnamon Roll Overnight OatsAre you in a hurry to get out of the house in the morning but still want a delicious and nutritious breakfast? Look no further than this easy recipe for cinnamon roll overnight oats! Not only is it quick and simple to make, but it also tastes like a warm and gooey cinnamon roll.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a jar or container, mix together the rolled oats, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, chia seeds, and cinnamon until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture on top of the oats mixture in the jar or container.
- Seal the jar or container and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 4 hours).
- In the morning, give the oats a good stir and enjoy your delicious and easy cinnamon roll overnight oats!
Health Benefits of Cinnamon and Oats in BreakfastCinnamon and oats are two super foods that can work wonders for your body when combined in a breakfast meal. Here are some of the health benefits of including cinnamon and oats in your breakfast:
1. Improve Blood Sugar ControlCinnamon has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels by increasing insulin sensitivity. This is especially beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes who struggle with keeping their blood sugar levels under control. Oats, on the other hand, contain complex carbohydrates that provide a slow and steady source of energy, preventing drastic spikes in blood sugar levels.
2. Promote Heart HealthBoth cinnamon and oats have been linked to improved heart health. Cinnamon can help lower blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol levels, while oats are rich in soluble fiber that helps lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
3. Aid in DigestionOats are a great source of fiber that helps promote healthy digestion and prevent constipation. Cinnamon, on the other hand, has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe the digestive tract and improve overall gut health.
4. Boost ImmunityCinnamon has been shown to have antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties that can help boost immunity and prevent infections. Oats, on the other hand, are rich in beta-glucans that can help stimulate the immune system and protect against infections.
5. Aid in Weight LossOats are a low-calorie food that can help keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer, preventing overeating and aiding in weight loss. Cinnamon, on the other hand, can help regulate blood sugar levels and reduce cravings for sweets, helping you stick to a healthy diet. In summary, adding cinnamon and oats to your breakfast can provide a wide range of health benefits, from improving blood sugar control and heart health to boosting immunity and aiding in weight loss. So, why not try adding a sprinkle of cinnamon and a serving of oatmeal to your morning meal for a delicious and nutritious start to your day?
Creative ways to add toppings to cinnamon roll overnight oatsIf you’re looking for a delicious and easy breakfast recipe, then cinnamon roll overnight oats should definitely be on your list. This tasty dish combines the flavors of warm cinnamon rolls with the convenience of a healthy and filling breakfast. But why stop at just the basic recipe? Here are some creative ways to add toppings to your cinnamon roll overnight oats:
1. Fresh FruitAdding fresh fruit to your cinnamon roll overnight oats is a great way to add a burst of flavor and nutrients. Try sliced bananas, diced apples, or fresh berries like strawberries or blueberries. You can even mix and match different fruits to find your perfect combination.
2. Nut ButtersIf you’re a fan of nut butter, then adding a spoonful or two to your cinnamon roll overnight oats is a must-try. Peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter are all great options. Not only do they add a creamy texture, but they also provide healthy fats and protein.
3. GranolaFor some added crunch, sprinkle some granola on top of your cinnamon roll overnight oats. You can use store-bought granola or make your own at home. Granola adds a great texture and can also provide some extra fiber and protein.
4. Chocolate ChipsWho doesn’t love a little bit of chocolate? Adding some chocolate chips to your cinnamon roll overnight oats is a fun way to indulge a little bit while still keeping things healthy. Use dark chocolate chips for a more intense chocolate flavor and some added antioxidants.
5. Chopped NutsChopped nuts like pecans, walnuts, or almonds are a great way to add some healthy fats and protein to your cinnamon roll overnight oats. They also add a nice crunch and nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the cinnamon.
6. Caramel DrizzleFor a decadent twist, try drizzling some caramel sauce on top of your cinnamon roll overnight oats. You can make your own healthier version with dates or use a store-bought option. The sweet caramel pairs perfectly with the warm cinnamon flavor. In summary, cinnamon roll overnight oats are a great breakfast option, and adding creative toppings can make them even more delicious. Try experimenting with different fruits, nut butters, granola, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and caramel drizzle to find your perfect combination. You won’t be disappointed!
Gluten-Free and Vegan Cinnamon Roll Overnight OatsIf you are looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast option that is easy to prepare, then cinnamon roll overnight oats are the perfect solution. This recipe is not only gluten-free and vegan, but it is also full of nutrients that will keep you feeling satisfied and energized throughout the day.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- Mash the banana in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the rolled oats, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the bowl and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, give the oats a good stir and add a splash of almond milk if needed.
- Divide the oats into two bowls and serve. Top with chopped nuts, dried fruit, or a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
How to Meal Prep Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats for the WeekMeal prepping is a great way to ensure you have healthy, delicious meals on hand throughout the week without having to spend a lot of time cooking each day. And breakfast is no exception – by meal prepping your breakfasts, you can save time in the morning and still get a nutritious and satisfying meal to start your day off right. One great breakfast option for meal prepping is cinnamon roll overnight oats – here’s how to make them for the week.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, almond milk, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 5 small, airtight containers or mason jars.
- Seal the containers and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, give the oats a stir and enjoy cold or heat up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
Tips for Success
- Feel free to add any additional toppings or mix-ins you like, such as chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or fresh fruit.
- If you want a sweeter flavor, add more maple syrup or a pinch of brown sugar.
- Make sure to store the oats in an airtight container to prevent them from drying out or absorbing any unwanted odors from the fridge.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe to make more servings at once.
FAQs about Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
1. How long does it take to make cinnamon roll overnight oats?
It takes only 5-10 minutes to prepare cinnamon roll overnight oats. After that, you can put it in the fridge and let it sit overnight. It will be ready to eat in the morning.
2. Can I use old-fashioned oats instead of rolled oats in this recipe?
Yes, you can use old-fashioned oats instead of rolled oats in this recipe. Both types of oats will work just fine and create a similar texture.
3. Can I reheat cinnamon roll overnight oats in the morning?
Yes, you can reheat cinnamon roll overnight oats in the morning if you prefer to eat it warm. Just microwave it for 30-60 seconds until it’s heated through. However, it can also be eaten cold straight from the fridge.
Who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast? Cinnamon roll overnight oats bring the classic bakery flavor to your morning meal. With its creamy texture, warm cinnamon spice, and sweet icing, these oats are a tasty and healthy option that you can prepare the night before and enjoy in the morning. The best part? You don’t need to sacrifice flavor for health benefits. Cinnamon is known to help regulate blood sugar levels, while oats provide a good source of fiber and protein. Plus, this quick and easy recipe is perfect for anyone always on-the-go. Give your breakfast a delicious and nutritious upgrade with cinnamon roll overnight oats.
So, the next time you’re craving something sweet and satisfying, whip up a batch of these overnight oats. Your taste buds and body will thank you. Trust us; it’s like having your favorite little bakery in your own kitchen—minus the guilt and extra calories. Give it a try and indulge in the warm and comforting flavors of cinnamon roll overnight oats.